Sacred Heart Cathedral N.W.K. NJ/ CC Please..

Enem178

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kwaltonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these shots of Sacred Heart Cathedral today and would like to know what you guys would do as far as PP to make the images look their best. These are in jpg format and straight from the camera. The sharpness and saturation are both bumped up +2 in standard pic style (all in camera). I used the auto focus and evaluative metering on all shots. What do I need to work on? Please, I want to hear ALL feedback Good & Bad. Thanks!!

1/320 f.11 iso 100, awb, auto focus
SacredHeartNWK1092-1.jpg

1/250 f.11 iso 100, awb, auto focus
SacredHeartNWK1093-1.jpg

1/250 f.11 iso 100, awb, auto focus
SacredHeartNWK1096-1.jpg

1/160 f.11 iso 100, awb, auto focus
SacredHeartNWK1098-1.jpg

Last edited:
The pics look nice. You really want to work on your composition by looking at these real quick. Google the rule of thirds you will find lots of info that should help you. Also remember you can turn the camera the other way ;-)

The second one is my favorite, I like the light gray stone against the azure sky.

Thanks for the advice MGW, I know about the rule of thirds and i'm guessing #3 could have benefitted from that rule the most correct? LOL, I guess I could have turned the camera to portrait mode like you mentioned!! Thanks Pauliec, #2 is my favorite also.

If only I was there I would shoot to get one of those cartoonish looking HDR's lol. Try shotting the whole cathedral if you can.

Hey Brooklyn aint far at all lol. I know you want to go for that casle greyskull look huh lol. Ill try to capture the whole Cathedral next time.. BTW, how exactly would you shoot for a HDR shot? Does it have something to do with the composition or camera settings?? Just curious.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back