Sad News...

Meanwhile the Gaza Strip is once again in turmoil. What we perceive as news worthy is beyond me. Yes he was an amazing actor and yeah he was done too soon. Fact of the matter is this is a tired Hollyweird scenario played out in SoHo. Exploited by the fools at CNN. Now more then ever we need to start understanding media as opposed to being pawns to it.

Of course this is a heart felt thread. And my views are my own. None the less it is important to discuss the media if someone brings it up.

Love & Bass

I gotta ask why you care about gaza. Those 'fools' have been fighting for years, no wonder we hardly hear about it, its OLD news.

Sad news indeed but I agree with Craig on the length of news media coverage.

Reminds me of when Britney's little sister got pregnant a month or so ago and watching five people debate whether her boyfriend should be taken to court for rape and/or should they get married. Uhhhh... seeing as that same situation is probably happening in 100 homes a day I don't see why five people completely unrelated to the situation have to bash heads over it.

*rant rage*

Still sad though - not being a hollywood-tuned person he seemed like one of the few actors who had some dignity

I gotta ask why you care about gaza. Those 'fools' have been fighting for years, no wonder we hardly hear about it, its OLD news.

Last Sunday the strip was blockaded. I do not feel they are fools. They are humans just like you and I. We have to at least try and understand what is going on in our world. Once we understand, then maybe we can stop calling people fools and make informed comments.

Popular media has become one of the more negative forces in our lives.

Love & Bass

Oh and just for the record, from personal experience, the media are ravenous vultures who twist the words that come out of your mouth.

But I am still a CNN-addict so no hard feelings :) (and now I continue writing 10 pages on irony and fallacies. My brain is not wired for philosophy!!!)

Wow..didn't mean to cause a debate over the media... :) I posted this here simply because it was shocking news. I liked him in a couple of the movies he did - The Patriot was probably my favorite of his.

I'll agree that celebrity coverage in the media is overdone to say the least. But if I posted other things of interest to me that the media covered (however poorly covered they may be, and probably are) a heated political discussion would inevitably start, and I'd have no moderator friends left. ;)

Not trying to hijack anything. Just giving my point of view on a topic you brought up. Discussions can be healthy.

Love & Bass

I hope everyone picked up on my sarcasm with just a dash of cynicism. I would love to discuss the media anytime, but I fear that it would inherently lead to a political debate, which, I believe is against forum policy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back