Sailboat....Blue

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The blue Caribbean reflection....C&C welcomed.

7985-SailboatBlueTPF.jpg

I like the simple composition.

Dani

I too find the simple composition very pleasing. ~~~This shot triggers lots of pleasant memories of my sailing days...the sunlight glistening on the water, warm winds on bare arms, the power of the wind propelling the boat forward, and the sensation of speed as the boat heels over. For me, this picture is worth a 1000 words and memories.

I too like the simple composition. And the scene brings back fond memories :)

However, the boat appears rather blueish.. is that colo(u)r cast? If it is , and if it can be repaired, the boat would be in a better contrast to the blue of the water and hence appear stronger in the image.

maybe something to play with!

I like the simple composition.

Dani

Thanks you....

I too find the simple composition very pleasing. ~~~This shot triggers lots of pleasant memories of my sailing days...the sunlight glistening on the water, warm winds on bare arms, the power of the wind propelling the boat forward, and the sensation of speed as the boat heels over. For me, this picture is worth a 1000 words and memories.

I'm excited for your sailing experiences......I lived on my cheoy lee offshore 31 for two and half years cruising the Bahamas and Florida Keys. Where did you sail?

Thanks.....

I too like the simple composition. And the scene brings back fond memories :)

However, the boat appears rather blueish.. is that colo(u)r cast? If it is , and if it can be repaired, the boat would be in a better contrast to the blue of the water and hence appear stronger in the image.

maybe something to play with!

Hey Alex... thanks, actually I tried to whiten the sails a bit, but apparently not well enough. The blue-ish cast of the water up to the sky is very powerful. Please have a go at it......

:) :) :) :)

just a try.. maybe overdid it a bit ... :

boatTPF.jpg

I'm excited for your sailing experiences......I lived on my cheoy lee offshore 31 for two and half years cruising the Bahamas and Florida Keys. Where did you sail?
Wow, that's awesome! My sailing was mainly on Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay (on 30 foot boats...a CS30, a J92 and early on there was a 25 footer whose make escapes me). Did some racing in Key West and Newport (on the J92 and a J35), and cruising in the Virgin Islands and by St. Lucia (on 30-42 foot boats). So the longest I lived aboard a boat was only about 10 days.

I'm a cruiser at heart though! Love to have wine and hors d'oeuvres while sailing.
boat.gif

Most reactions

Back