Sails on the beach

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Small sail boats lined up on the beach ready for a training session. I liked the black and white version best for the extra punch it gave to the sails against the bright surroundings.

Tony

Reposted this image following nitefly's experience. Hope it hasn't doubled it for anyone.

Fleetwood-sail-training-B.jpg

Nice in B&W, has a good overall effect.....Just a bit too much sky, perhaps cutting out the boat on the right and cropping down the sky. Only a suggestion. I happen to be a rag-man myself.

I like the pic. You had some nice cloud action that day and I agree that the b/w works well. Great job.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry about the blog url - I forgot! Here it is:
http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Sorry its not loading nitefly. I've seen it load at work and home so it may be something upstream of you that's getting in the way.

I was going for a bottom heavy compo on this one. I tried a few crops - less sky, losing the boat on the right, but came back to this!

Regards, Tony

I must have missed the colour version of this one, but I can say that I do love your conversion here and it is true: the dark sails against this gorgeous - and also a lot lighter - sky do stand out remarkably well here.

i really like this shot however i feel it is not the right feel for B&W, my opinion. The sky and water were beautiful that day. what if you kept the sky blue and added a VERY SLIGHT tint of pink or purple to the sky only, and making the water a nice DEEP BLUE....keep the rest black and white (maybe make the sand a sepia tone.) that sounds like a cool photo then to me.....it could draw out so much more i feel. it is nice but i think it has so much more potential in the art arena.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back