Salt on the Rocks C&C

I use aperture. when I open my photos there is a tab for correcting things. If you use photoshop the best way to correct the white balance is to use the dropper, you use the dropper and you select something in your screen that is a neutral grey. It normally does a pretty good job. Sometimes I have to adjust mine a bit. I watched a video by Scott Kelby. He is VERY good at showing the basics of photoshop in the video I watched. He tells you step by step his workflow from taking the pictures to printing them.
Let me know if this helps

I use aperture. when I open my photos there is a tab for correcting things. If you use photoshop the best way to correct the white balance is to use the dropper, you use the dropper and you select something in your screen that is a neutral grey. It normally does a pretty good job. Sometimes I have to adjust mine a bit. I watched a video by Scott Kelby. He is VERY good at showing the basics of photoshop in the video I watched. He tells you step by step his workflow from taking the pictures to printing them.
Let me know if this helps
Thanks i have ps ill look into that.

Not sure what kind of cam you are using but on my d90 you can switch between photo quality options - one of which is Camera RAW. I really will be honest I don't know THAT much about it, but when you shoot in RAW I believe the files are the least compressed, and of the highest quality your camera can shoot??

When you bring them up on your computer it's like a whole digital "darkroom" that allows you to edit everything with ease:

Picture11.png

5400_101191826562346_100000145862560_33435_1299277_n.jpg

Oh my god MUCH! better. I was out of my high post processing mind when i posted that first picture.

If you have the extra money and have a mac i seriously recommend aperture. It allows you to preview your pictures easier than any program IMHO. And you can do all the adjustments right there.

Here is a screen shot of aperture

screenshot1.jpg

Any way i could corrct the balance?

If you shoot in RAW, it's as simple as sliding the white balance slider one way or the other.

If you shoot in jpg, you can still adjust the white balance, it's just not as straight-forward.

In Photoshop go to Image > Adjustments > Color Balance...

To cool the image, move the Cyan/Red slider to the Cyan side and the Yellow/Blue slider to the Blue side in equal amounts. To warm an image, move the same sliders the opposite direction in equal amounts (Cyan/Red toward Red and Yellow/Blue toward Yellow).

color_balance.jpg

Preferably, this should be done in a separate layer. Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance...

Hope that helps.

Any way i could corrct the balance?

If you shoot in RAW, it's as simple as sliding the white balance slider one way or the other.

If you shoot in jpg, you can still adjust the white balance, it's just not as straight-forward.

In Photoshop go to Image > Adjustments > Color Balance...

To cool the image, move the Cyan/Red slider to the Cyan side and the Yellow/Blue slider to the Blue side in equal amounts. To warm an image, move the same sliders the opposite direction in equal amounts (Cyan/Red toward Red and Yellow/Blue toward Yellow).

color_balance.jpg

Preferably, this should be done in a separate layer. Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance...

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I tried some correction a few posts up. Im going to start shooting in RAW as well, i think that will give me a better handle on the outcome as well.

Most reactions

Back