San Diego Sunset

kierukei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these on a recent trip to San Deigo, CA for some work. I liked the colors, so I thought I would share. :)

C&C welcomed.

SD1.jpg

SD2.jpg

SD3.jpg

Pretty nice, an HDR on the first one could work nicely to correctly expose the sand.

Anyways, nice shots.

Yeah, I actually had considered doing that with these shots (though, too late :???:) since it was so dark. If I would have had more freetime while I was in CA I definitely would have done HDR shots for the dark points.

Thanks for the comment!

But of course my HDR request is just personal preference, many people may think that not having the sand makes people focus on the pier silhouette and the nice orange sky.

hmmmm... really like number 2, but the dock seems too far up in the photo. however, i like how the reflection in the water is orange at the very bottom of the photo...

if you shot in RAW you can still do a HDR

if you shot in RAW you can still do a HDR

I learned that you shouldn't call that HDR, rather tonemapping. And if the dark sand in number 1 is similar to the original, I think it's impossible to brighten up the sand with just the RAW.

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

There's barely a difference, so brightening up the sand would be impossible. The sand in the original shot for #1 is just as black, it was just too dark to do any HDR shots at the time. And that evening was my only trip to pacific beach, unfortunately.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back