TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dec 06
ad861d7f5e2f3bef41be4aa79a1ffe51-.jpg

67529a892b8b8e46bb69cb330ee66ea8-.jpg

Ah! THAT is the monument?
And you can climb to the top and then take photos from up there into the surrounding countryside (photos that I found in Landscape and Nature only a couple of minutes ago and commented on?). Cool. Nice light. You went there in the late afternoon?

Ah! THAT is the monument?
And you can climb to the top and then take photos from up there into the surrounding countryside (photos that I found in Landscape and Nature only a couple of minutes ago and commented on?). Cool. Nice light. You went there in the late afternoon?

That's not the Washington Monument (in case you were thinking that :)), it's the San Jacinto Monument in LaPorte, TX. People used to be able to go up to the top and look out over the area, but I think they stopped doing that for safety purposes. I'd love to go there again and take photos.

Nice shots!

Both are very nice captures but I especially like the lighting in the second one. I have only one complaint, it seems as if you had some spots on your lens maybe you could clone them out.

I am aware of the fact that this monument is NOT in Washington, shoot. I have been to DC myself in April only and have seen the Washington Monument with my own eyes. But on the two occasions that I have been to Texas I have NOT made it to the Jacinto Monument. I was actually referring to yet another thread by Wendy over in Landscape and Nature ("THE_VIEW_FROM_THE_TOP"), where she must have taken shots (on the same day, I assume) from the top of this very monument.

Yes, indeed, Corinna is correct (as usual) :)

This is the San Jacinto monument in Houston, TX. We visited it a few months ago, and I'm just now getting a chance to post these pics.

And yes, those blasted dust specks have been plaguing me for awhile... time to pull out my owner's manual and clean it out

Thanks for all the comments :)

Most reactions

Back