Sandhill Crane

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a little soft but what do I expect from a moving golf cart, and a Canon SX60HS. I think I caught the beauty of the bird however.

SH Crane.jpg

Nice shot of this bird. When my parents were living in Florida these used to walk right up on their lawn. I gave them a lot of distance. Was this one actually in Michigan?

Nice shot of this bird. When my parents were living in Florida these used to walk right up on their lawn. I gave them a lot of distance. Was this one actually in Michigan?
Yes, there are a lot. There is a migration spot 3 miles from my home. I live on a golf course and there are several families of them. This is one of a family of 4.

I really shouldn't sharpen them, for some reason Gimp doesn't do it well with this Canon SX60HS. I guess it's a result of framing all those pixels in a small sensor.

Last edited:
a little soft but what do I expect from a moving golf cart, and a Canon SX60HS. I think I caught the beauty of the bird however.
That is a VERY nice shot of a Sandhill. Don't see many photos of them at their
Summer places.
Thanks. They love the mulberry trees on the golf course as the geese do. Tons of frogs, blue racers, and garden snakes for them to eat as well. They seem to always be eating something.

Nice shot. I don't think it is that soft because the eye is in focus and nice and sharp on my monitor.

WesternGuy

Nice!! I have never seen (or eaten) one. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back