Sandhill on a Hill

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, I spotted two sandhill cranes so I decide to capture just one of them going up a hill.

11142052-studio.jpg

11142085-studio.jpg

11142126-studio.jpg

Interesting bird, but they earned a spot on my don't like list a few years ago when a couple decided to hang out just outside our bedroom window in Orlando. For two weeks every day at sunrise they'd make their presence known with their honking, bugle calls, and all the other annoying sounds they make.

Interesting bird, but they earned a spot on my don't like list a few years ago when a couple decided to hang out just outside our bedroom window in Orlando. For two weeks every day at sunrise they'd make their presence known with their honking, bugle calls, and all the other annoying sounds they make.

Our annoyance birds are grackles (super noisy) and egrets. The egrets, because they nest in the trees in the neighborhood and make a huge, nasty mess. We try to encourage them to nest in the nature preserve closer to the lake, but they prefer the larger trees in the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You needed to get up and around anyway. Your at the age where you should be in bed by 9:30, up at 5:30, nap after lunch, and repeat. Don't forget your ice cream at dinner... :bouncingsmileys:

Nice set. I like the perspective. Really emphasizes how tall those birds are.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Good shooting.....

Thanks, Jeff.

Yeah, they're pretty loud. My first experience with them was my first year hear I made the mistake of sleeping with the bedroom window open one cool night to get some fresh air and I was rudely awakened by that same honking 'ka-caw' sound they make as they flew over the house. Bout fell out of bed I shot up so fast. I learned to keep the window closed after that, although you can still hear them. I'm used to them now and I rather like the sounds they make, they're very unique.

i like the second one best, but it almost looks like he's trying to moon you. i like that you focused on one of the two instead of trying to get them both.

Most reactions

Back