What's new

SanDisk 32GB 90mb/s Extreme Pro + Lexar CF Reader

jamiek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Hi everyone,

Selling SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB 90mb/s + Lexar Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Reader.


Great condition. No changing cards, extremely fast data transfer!


£195 free postage.


email: contact@jamieknop.com



Compactflash.jpg
 
Hi everyone,

Selling SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB 90mb/s + Lexar Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Reader.


Great condition. No changing cards, extremely fast data transfer!


£195 free postage.


email: contact@jamieknop.com



Compactflash.jpg

Man the Sandisk extreme cards are so nice.

I own 3 of the non-pro 32GB ones.

Couldn't be happier with them, other than the price that is lol....
 
Yeah they are nice but you pay for them indeed. Im sure 60mb/s will suite most people :)

By the way, three?? Whats up with that?
 
Yeah they are nice but you pay for them indeed. Im sure 60mb/s will suite most people :)

By the way, three?? Whats up with that?

I like to be overly prepared.

I also don't like to have to worry about getting the data off of them when traveling. Carrying a laptop is not something that I really want to do anymore.

The 1080p video files from my 7D can be very large, and fill up a big card pretty fast. I plan on shooting a lot of video of my son in the future.
 
About the speed...

I find that my current CF reader setup gives me nowhere near 60MB/sec on downloads anyways.

I usually get no more than 20MB/sec when downloading with my Hoodman firewire CF reader, and sometimes as low as 7-12MB/sec. I have a very new high end motherboard, 12GB ram, and Windows 7 as well.

The hoodman may just be a piece of junk though, I am not sure on this one.

The only thing I have ever seen that might be able to download at the cards max potential speed is this:

The Sonnet Qio Professional Card Reader.

Sonnet - Qio: Professional Universal Media Reader/Writer Plus Four eSATA Ports

It uses a PCI-Express or ExpressCard interface, that removes the limitations that firewire, and especially USB have on speed.

The problem is that its like $1000 though. Although it will have Windows support in the future, there are no drivers currently available for Windows at this time. It's only for Mac right now.

My 7D may be capable of possibly writing to the card close to this fast when bursting, I dont know for sure.

The reason I bought Sandisk Extreme cards, is they are known for being the toughest most reliable cards available. I am super paranoid about data loss.

Edit: I know this is off topic, and not really related to your thread. At least I am keeping it alive though. :lol:
 
Last edited:
If your shooting video I can see where your coming from.

That is pretty bad, my Lexar 800 is meant to be

data transfer rates of up to 800Mb/sec (or 100MB/sec)

From there website.

Well your camera just depends on frames per second then its down to the compact flash :P

Which if you producing 10mb files and 6fps you'd be fine.

My Canon 5DMark II can only shoot 3 frames a second though or something terrible so aint much of a problem for me.

I agree totally, might as well spend a bit more for reliability than regret it when the flash goes tits up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom