Santa Convention

rsilfverberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pbase.com
Was walking downtown San Francisco this past weekend and came upon a 'Santa Convention' of about 100 Santas. Took about half a roll. Great fun.

Camera: Leica M3
Lens: Summicron 50/2
Film: Provia 100F

Some Santas were more admired than other......
37467345.jpg

Have you been Naughty or Nice....?
37467335.jpg

Sometimes not even 100 Santas is enough to put a smile on your face...
37467691.jpg

Even Mrs Claus was having a good time
37478070.jpg

Where WILL he park during the Holidays....?
37468688.jpg

The end...
37478451.jpg

In photo number one I wish the guy in the background was in focus and the girl with the santa has was slightly out of focus. The look on his face is difficult to describe, but from what I can make out he is staring directly at her (if not that would be perfect).

Nice photos, must have been fun to be there!

Just looked again. Having him out of focus adds to his mystery. "why is he upset with her?" "who is he to her?". The story goes on!

Trig said:
I really like those pictures, they just look really good, can't explain it. Must be the camera!

mmmmmmm....Leica photos...They just have that "feel" to them.

I like em, some gave me a laugh. I think Ms Clause is just great, good DOF, She really stands out and she looks like she is having so much fun. Wonderfull capture

Wow, first off, you're incredibly talented... great composition and control of DOF.

Second, I'm going to have to try shooting provia. Those colours are f**king fantastic. Did you do anything in particular to get the skin tones and everything like that? Just normal outdoor lighting? Did you push or pull or something?

Most reactions

Back