Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - C&C

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz. 70 degrees and blue skies. We decided to hit the boardwalk. Here are two pics for C & C. The second one I'm not so sure is a great picture, but I loved the colors and was just wondering if you all thought is was boring or not. It's ok to say "boring". :wink:

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

ok so picture 2 I actually did not enjoy so much but the first picture actually took my breath away. thoroughly love the first picture.

First one has great composition, I would probably play with levels a little more to make the kid and horse pop.

In the second one there's just too much going on, try cropping to the guy with the kid to remove excess clutter.

Last edited:
Great face expression combined with a great photograph!

Love the first, and as said crop the second.

The funny thing about the second one is, the dad seems too be looking at the ATM sign. Carnival with kids? Yeah, you always need more cash!

The funny thing about the second one is, the dad seems too be looking at the ATM sign. Carnival with kids? Yeah, you always need more cash!

So true!:lol:

Thanks all for the compliments on pic #1.

Royal Photos: Thanks for the advice to "play with levels" to help the horse/kid "pop" more. If I only knew what "levels" were :grumpy:. I don't know anything about post production. I am currently using "Aperture" and I don't think it has quite as many options as photoshop so I just slide the bars around for exposure and WB, but that's about it. I DO have Photoshop, but need to learn how to use it first! I have a feeling I'll have lots of questions for you all in the coming months!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back