Santa Likes Firetrucks Too!!!

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you're in the country and COVID shuts down the Christmas Parades, what do you do???? You make your own!!!!!!!!!!! A few SVFD members got together to wind their way back and forth through the valley with lights flashing, sirens blazing, to bring Santa to the kids. Bless their hearts the kids waited patiently as the caravan made it's way to them, but when the trucks finally came in view, they came running, seems Santa had some candy in that bag. SV, you made a lot of kids happy today.....maybe even this old kid as well, Santa gave me some candy too.

Here they come, engine 142
SDVF Christmas Parade.jpg

First Responder EMS
SDVF Christmas Parade-2.jpg

Rescue 440
SDVF Christmas Parade-3.jpg

Chief
SDVF Christmas Parade-4.jpg

And finally Santa Clause on engine 141.
SDVF Christmas Parade-5.jpg

Last edited:
Man that's a beast of a truck. I love your American vehicles (so much so, I have one ;)).

Man that's a beast of a truck. I love your American vehicles (so much so, I have one ;)).

Our valley is 26 miles long by 5-6 miles wide with narrow roads and lots of woods. As small volunteer departments go, we are fairly well equipped. The two E-one engines here are well suited to the terrain and serve as our fast response units. Still at the fire hall, is the Daddy of these two, a slower, much larger Pierce Pumper, a 3/4 ton 4x4 wildfire light attack unit and a go anywhere brush attack vehicle named the "BEAST", a Stewart & Stevenson M1078 LMTV whose only limitation off road seems to be the nerves of the driver.

Nice set. Sometimes you just have to make your own fun. (I'd really like to see the "BEAST" someday.)

Really nice of the team to do that for the kids, big kid inc,
Don’t know what will happen here, the island like other places here has been moved into the highest level of restrictions
My suggestion was to blow up the bridge to stop the visitors and declare independence from UK /Havant main land
But apparently these days you are not allowed to do things like that lol

Nice set. Sometimes you just have to make your own fun. (I'd really like to see the "BEAST" someday.)

Thanks. If nothing else maybe I can get one of the guys and do some woods shots.....push over a tree or something. It's been awhile since I drove it, maybe a little re-certification time behind the wheel. :allteeth:

@Original katomi we aren't on high level lockdown yet, but as our casecount continues to rise it's only a matter of time. The good news here is that the Flu infections are down this year because of all the people wearing masks. :aiwebs_016:

@MSnowy Thank you!

@terri being an all volunteer dept., over the years there's very few families that haven't either had a family member in the department at one time or know someone. Friends, and neighbors helping one another is what it's about. Think the members had as much fun as the kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back