Santa Pod Race Day

Elysium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys. This is my first photo day out with a good qualty camera. I was spending the day at a drag strip so already it was going to be tricky.

Camera used : DSC-W80, DSC-T9 (testing) and the DSLR-A100 for main shots.

My main drawbacks were the lack of a tripod or even a monopod so I had to rely on the rails and also little experience at taking photo's at such high speeds. I have been impressed with the results but may need to put these through post processing before I print them.

Resized picci's below.

dsc01474ho5.jpg

dsc01481hk0.jpg

dsc01483oq0.jpg

dsc01484sh7.jpg

dsc01490yz1.jpg

dsc01491bz5.jpg

dsc01509xp6.jpg

dsc01523em7.jpg

dsc01524uf5.jpg

dsc01526uh1.jpg

dsc01550nd2.jpg

dsc01557xs0.jpg

dsc01560ns5.jpg

dsc01562jw8.jpg

My best picture has got to be the car on two wheels. I have more which I will upload shortly. C+C is welcome.

What shutter speed did you use? Just wondering..

Great shots! I have to agree that the one on two wheels is nice, but the 2 motorcycles is probably my favorite.

You should take the picture of the car on two wheels into photoshop a bit more. It seems like the colors are faded a lil.

Awesome pictures.

What shutter speed did you use? Just wondering..

Great shots! I have to agree that the one on two wheels is nice, but the 2 motorcycles is probably my favorite.

You should take the picture of the car on two wheels into photoshop a bit more. It seems like the colors are faded a lil.

Awesome pictures.
Thank you. It's a shame it's my works camera but nice to know its available when I decide but I really would like my own soon. It was more a practice since I have always wants to get into photography but I was happy.

I only remember post processing AFTER I took all the photo's so Lightroom helped slightly.

Shutter speed used for most of the pictures was 1/160 sec. I was planning to increase it a bit more but I wanted to capture the speed aspect so it was a good challenge and a lot of fun.

Heres the pic post pocessed

dsc01560copyrw3.jpg

Thank you for your feedback.

Most reactions

Back