Well, this is actually a continuation / addendum of my other post:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71681

4: This is where my expedition started, at the Kwikkjokk heliport
sarek_008.jpg

5: The Sarek massif from one of the lower peaks
sarek_138.jpg

6: Rappadalen from above
sarek_162.jpg

7: A female elk in the lower lying Rappadalen .. this is without a telelens, so really close
sarek_181.jpg

What an experience.
I like each and every one of your photos (and have actually started with your other thread, to click on the link at the bottom of that one to continue right away and am now commenting at the end of all the photos). And did you go there ALL ON YOUR OWN? With NO ONE ELSE but the reindeer and elk for your company?

I have never been up there, only my father and brother were there many, many years ago, also hiking, but that must have been back in the late seventies or so. They also brought home some impressive photos (my father took those at the time).

Love 5 (the second here).
What country is that?
Dani

What time of the year and the temps?????

Late summer, since the hike went quite through different altitudes, mid-day temperatures would vary between slightly above freezing point to 15 degC. One afternoon in a low valley on a sunny day even above 20 degC.

Mornings and evenings could be cruelly cold though, even in the valleys I had ice on the tent sometimes.

I've driven to the capital cties of Norway and Sweden from Denmark, but not North of them.

Beautiful mountain ranges.....!

I've driven to the capital cties of Norway and Sweden from Denmark, but not North of them.

Beautiful mountain ranges.....!

Thanks.. those mountains are more than 1000 km north of Stockholm ;)

Nice shots. I think the last one might actually be a moose, though, unless you call it by a different name, in which case, I'm an idiot. :lmao: Anyway, excellent work. :)

awesome pics Alex! Why you didn't tell me about this special trip?!?!?!

Nice shots. I think the last one might actually be a moose, though, unless you call it by a different name, in which case, I'm an idiot. :lmao: Anyway, excellent work. :)

There is only elk in Sweden ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back