Saving up for either a d5000, d3100 or a d90

I thought they had announced that the d90 replacement was going to be called the d7000 and they were going to start like officially advertising it in like September or something not selling it but like previews for it... I'm probably wrong though..... ;)
Nikon hasn't announced anything yet except the new D3100. Everything else is just speculation.

That gives me PLENTY of time to save for it...by that point I may also have enough to buy a decent lens kit and whatnot...just have to have the dedication to it...thanks for letting me know about the upcoming models...

but once they come out, I'm going to buy them and not wait any longer...I could sit here sitting on my butt waiting for the "new" model, but they always come out with a new model...

let's get a d90...wait til next year, the model will be replaced...okay...then next year someone tells me I should wait because there is a new model in the works, and so on and so on...

I think people are saying wait because the new model is like 6-18months away. there's a significant period between new models in a series so they're suggesting you wait for this cycle to pass so you've got the newest camera for a few years to come :)

oh, and stop smoking! :p sorry i can't study medicine and not throw that in its simply a terrible thing to do to your body.. just want you to be around taking photos and video as long as possible :)

I also eat processed foods, drive a car, work with computers, work around other people and their habits which may or may not be unclean, etc.

There are numerous ways I could potentially be harmed, however I choose to enjoy life in my own way. I don't subject non-smokers to my smoke, it's their choice to not smoke so when I'm in public, I go as far away from them as possible before I light up. George Burns smoked and lived a long, assumedly happy life. Why such a long life; because he laughed and enjoyed life. I enjoy life for the most part. I think, not like that may merit anything, that stress is a bigger killer of the human population than anything else. Stress drives people to drink and do drugs, to hurt others and themselves, causes heart problems, is one of the main reasons people quit jobs, become homeless, any number of other effects.

Back to the period between camera models...I hope they don't change as fast as computers do. I'll never be able to keep up. I'll have to settle for something sometime. I will wait and save money until next year.

Thank you for the advice and insight and also for the concern of my health and welfare, its very kind of you. My best friend is going to pharmacology school, so I hear it from him too. And he gets no further with me than anyone else will. I have to quit for me if I so choose to do so.

On the health issue; have you ever eaten in a restaurant? I know that smoking is bad for me, I know you know smoking is bad for me. However, just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it can't harm us. What is the it I refer to? Other people's habits. When the waitress/busboy/whatever brought your eating utensils, are you SURE they aren't tainted? What about the dish your food is on? Is that safe? There are rules for proper and safe conduct in eating establishments, but just like drinking and driving is against the law, people are going to do what they want regardless. Use the restaurant example with anything else: office, hospital, lakes, etc. Unless you wall yourself in a bubble inside your home, you can never be 100% certain conditions are safe. I choose to smoke, I know its bad for me. I also know that I'm not all that safe anywhere else either and I choose to go there.

I hope that helps you understand the complete mess I am. :lol:

Unless you have a big budget I would go ahead and buy a D90. Go to KEH photo and maybe get it used. The D90 replacement is going to be called the D95 and the body alone is going to be $1200. That is a lot of extra money that can go towards an extra lens. I learned the hard way the lenses are more important than the body when you are in our range of cameras. I would have probably been just as good going with the D60 when I bought my D90 camera in June 09. I love the camera and am still learning all of its benefits. You will be fine with the D90. Here is a link to check out the prices. Nikon Digital D 90 12.3 MEGAPIXEL WITH CABLES, CD, BATTERY & CHARGER (SD CARD ), DIGITAL SLR INTERCHANGEABLE LENS CAMERA - KEH.com and have enough to get 18-200 lens for almost the price of the D95 body. Here is the lens. Nikon Digital D 90 12.3 MEGAPIXEL WITH CABLES, CD, BATTERY & CHARGER (SD CARD ), DIGITAL SLR INTERCHANGEABLE LENS CAMERA - KEH.com

Here is the link talking about the D95 magnesium body.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=35929921

But like they said. Could just be a rumor. Here is the kicker though, coming from a manufacturing company, we start the rumor to get the buzz out when we have a new product a few months before it comes out. We even let some pictures mysteriously sneak out. LOL This is just how it goes. When it is all said and done. Go with what you can afford. Don't buy something that you will regret. Buyers remorse is not good.

Maybe this will help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back