Saw a cool scene driving...

Chairman7w

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was driving through the country enroute to a work appt and saw this lone Oak in the middle of a grass field with dark storm clouds overhead... So naturally I pulled over and pulled out my trusty Canon G10.

I really wish I had my DSLR camera, but at least I got the shot. Had some PP fun too - hope you like:

3598573709_64a62a88ab_b.jpg

Its a good shot, i just dont like how half of the sky is yellow and the other half is blue. Pick one or the other, not both! Theres also a halo-y glow on the horizon which im sure is from your processing, I'd try and fix that up as well.

LOL!! I didn't "pick" one or the other, it is what it is. My post processing consisted of sharpening, contrasts and vignetting (some cloning & curves, too). That's what was cool about the scene that I noticed when driving: There were three distinct bands of color/tone, and when you add the tree in the middle, it was a shot waiting to be taken.

Its a good shot, i just dont like how half of the sky is yellow and the other half is blue. Pick one or the other, not both! Theres also a halo-y glow on the horizon which im sure is from your processing, I'd try and fix that up as well.

Last edited:
I considered the fact that it might be real but it looks so unnatural that i thought it couldn't be true! My mistake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back