What's new

Sawyer Glacier, Alaska

LarryD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
614
Reaction score
3
Location
Mojave Desert
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Three miles is as close as we could get because of the ice floes, and it was raining...

I guess you can't always pick the best days to take photos.......

Sawyer6a.jpg
 
Great shot none the less. Whenever I travel anywhere I am usually a drought breaker.
 
Nice shot! is this near Juneau?
 
Nice shot! is this near Juneau?

Yes, Sawyer Glacier is in Tracy Arm, a fjord about 45 miles south of Juneau... You can only get there by boat or helicopter..

The photography and weather can be great, or it can rain for a week like it did while I was there........

I plan to go back soon and improve on the shots I was able to get...:thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom