Sayonara: Nikon Moves All Camera Production to Thailand

At the rate of cost cutting I would not be surprised that Canon and Sony will be the remaining camera brand still selling product by year 2025

At the rate of cost cutting I would not be surprised that Canon and Sony will be the remaining camera brand still selling product by year 2025
I would guess CANON and NIKON, SONY has a history of bailing on sinking markets such as BETAMAX and WALKMAN, but by 2025 to 2030 is IMHO a very good prognostication.

Not sure where now but I did see an article that was saying canon and Sony do more than just cameras where as Nikon just do cameras.
No t sure how true,

Not sure where now but I did see an article that was saying canon and Sony do more than just cameras where as Nikon just do cameras.
No t sure how true,
SONY and CANON are certainly far larger entities than NIKON.

NIKON is into more than cameras ... such as lenses, binoculars, rangefinders, microscopes, rifle scopes etcetera but is extremely, possibly totally, towards optics.

I have, for instance, a NIKON magnifying glass I picked up years ago.

Thanks for the correction.
I have vague recall of things but can not always find the original article

I would guess CANON and NIKON, SONY has a history of bailing on sinking markets such as BETAMAX and WALKMAN, but by 2025 to 2030 is IMHO a very good prognostication.

Not exactly apt comparisons: video tape wasn't a sinking market when Sony bailed on BetaMax; rather it was a dud format. Cassette tape? Blame the DVD but low-end, low-fi portable cassette players hung on for years. Besides, what obliges companies to lose money making product after consumers leave the building? Probably the most diversified company in the game is Fujifilm and, because of it, just might outlive them all. Can't see the point, personal amusement aside, of predictions of these companies' demise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back