What's new

Sayville "thing"

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
5,882
Reaction score
44
Location
End of the line
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If anyone knows the official name of this, please let me know. It isn't a pier because you can't walk on it. It's just a narrow strip of wood, with pillars, that goes out onto the bay with handles for the boat to tie ropes on.

SayvilleThing.jpg


c&c always appreciated :)
 
A breakwater? Hrm, on second thought, that wouldn't have anything to tie boats to, though.
 
Its not just some kind of weird dock or something?
way cool picture though.
 
A breakwater? Hrm, on second thought, that wouldn't have anything to tie boats to, though.

I reckon not. Could be a custom thing that they built special. I'm not sure why boats would want to tie up out there tho.

ccssk8ter11 said:
Its not just some kind of weird dock or something?
way cool picture though.

Dunno what it is, and thanks for the kind words :)

keybq said:
very nice pic. What it is used for i have know idea

thanks :)

TwoRails said:
Maybe it's a mooring...

Looking up the word, I don't know if thats what it is but it's the best answer I've seen or thought of, so I'll go with that. Thanks :)
 
Maybe it's a mooring...

Looking up the word, I don't know if thats what it is but it's the best answer I've seen or thought of, so I'll go with that. Thanks :)


I would say that that image is stunning, and not really mooring at all!

(Ugh, I'm so sorry)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom