SB400 + PW = Nothing!

cnutco

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I needed a smaller flash to be concealed and thought about using my old SB400 in the same setup as my SB600.

It did not fire!:x

I do not understand why it will not work like my SB600. The pins on the connector are the same.

Could someone explain?

What pocket wizard are you using and how are you trying to fire it?
-
shoot well, Joe

The SB-400 will not function as part of a wireless CLS system...neither as a commander nor a slave. It's a basic, on-camera, TTL only flash.

What pocket wizard are you using and how are you trying to fire it?
-
shoot well, Joe
PW plus2 to a hotshoe just like my SB600.

The SB-400 will not function as part of a wireless CLS system...neither as a commander nor a slave. It's a basic, on-camera, TTL only flash.
I was kind of hoping that being on the hotshoe, it would think that it was on a camera. Much like the SB600.

I think I will try to mount it on a friends FlexTT5 paired to my MiniTT1 if it only works TTL...

I would really like to have this as a concealable flash.

As EPPhoto says, the SB-400 can't be triggered by a simple hotshoe. Shame.

The TT5 should work, however - let us know.

Sorry,
Helen

Last edited:
Yes as others have said TT5 and Mini should work, if you do decide to go with it get the AC3 controller as well. I tested the TT5/TT1 mini and was not too happy with the results as it needed to be adjusted for output, the AC3 should give you a little more leway.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I was out today shooting with a friend who has the TT5, but forgot to bring the SB400...:er: We did not use OCF anyway, but I will have to get back with him sometimr in the future to try this. Otherwise the SB400 will go back in hiding!:grumpy:

Thanks for the replies! I will let you know when I try it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back