sb600 being discontinued?

I have a couple of those sb-600's and I love em. They have always been very reliable even living in the shadows of it's bigger more powerful brother the sb-800.

The SB-800s are the ones to have, though.
- stronger
- longer lasting
- faster recycling
- greater adjustability
- integrated sync port
- better slave mode

That said I have 2 SB-600s and am also very satisfied with them and have 2 more on the "to get" list. :)

ooo... glad I got my Sb800 before they went poof. I didn't like the SB900s much. Woot.

I'll be curious to see what they come out with the replace the sb600. That thing is a real workhorse and the cycle times are fantastic. Plus, I occasionally find the SB800 is a bit overpowering... I usually prefer to use the SB600 to take pictures of people in intimate settings. That being said, I don't have nearly as much experience with my 8 as my 6, so this might be just an issue of needing more practice.

I ordered my SB600 on Amazon, and after two weeks went by with no delivery, I went online to check the status and BACKORDERED!!!!

I canceled my order and searched and searched until I found one in stock.. I love it! Half the price of the 800, and it does everything I need it to do.. Won't do off-camera flash, but I have optical strobes for that..

I ordered my SB600 on Amazon, and after two weeks went by with no delivery, I went online to check the status and BACKORDERED!!!!

I canceled my order and searched and searched until I found one in stock.. I love it! Half the price of the 800, and it does everything I need it to do.. Won't do off-camera flash, but I have optical strobes for that..

It'll do off-camera flash if you have a Nikon cam with commander mode OR if you hook up some accessories to it. Talk to Jerry about it. He is da' mastah strobist. :thumbup:

if you want to buy one - i'm just saying- Ritz seems to still have some in stock

Won't do off-camera flash

Of course it will. The only Speedlight that can not be fired wirelessly is the SB400. If, however, your camera doesn't have a Commander mode, then ya - you are outta luck (unless you get an SB800 which can act as a Commander).

Missouri love fest going on... we should all get together sometime.

I've been through Missouri many times and it truly is a beautiful place. You people have some amazing places to capture some incredible photography.

hmm....thank god its not before 2010. I love the Sb-600. I hope I can get the money for my camera soon so I can buy one. (I just might buy one before they stop making them...even without a camera that can use it....stupid FM10 doesnt have a dedicated hot shoe....*grumble grumble*)

and to think that the sb-600's were $177 NEW last year this time. . .sigh. . .how time changes things!

Stumbled across one NIB at $169 during Circuit City's shutdown. Early February, while their prices were still high. It was the last one in-store, so I didn't wait - and I'm glad! Didn't realize what a good deal it was 'til I started checking on-line.

Wish they would have had more...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back