SCAM ALERT.

photoss83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a private message from a member named Kalla saying the he/she was interested in one of my items. The private message seemed suspicious to me so I Google searched the e-mail address mx_0003@ yahoo.com that was in the private message and a few site is saying it is a scam.

This is the message that I received (other people have received the exact same message):

As for the ayment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking rice as I will be paying with a c/e/r/t/i/f/i/e/d c/h/e/q/u/e.

Lastly, lease forward to me your full comany's (or mailing address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently refer reaching you through these
facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Ismail Osman
Email me back your consideration at: [email protected] for confidential purposes

I got the exact same one. It looked suspicious to me as well. Obviously a scam (or spam) of some kind. I did not give out my email address.

i got the same one, it is a scam. Certified checks are very easily created. Do not do business with him.
Paypal only people!!!

Glad someone made a thread. I PM'd one of the admins earlier today and asked to have him removed. I got the same message as all you did for my XTi for sale.

Guys, please forward this kind of thing to a mod. Unless it's brought to our attention, we don't always see these threads, and can't take care of the problem.

Edit, didn't see that someone said they did pm an admin, sorry none have been on. I will take care of it.

I got it too. Just ignored it.

I recieved an email with an offer to purchase large prints 24X36 from my website printed on canvas and the sender said he/she would send payment & shipping in the form of cashiers check. What was bothersome was that the usual misspelling and poor grammar usually included in these scams was absent. I answered that I would only accept a cashiers check in the exact amount of purchase and no shipping would be done until the check had completely cleared. Needless to say I have never heard from him/her. These scammers are getting more clever than the original Nigerian scams, so be careful. HR

I like the pinheads that send you an email made to look like it came from your bank! Nice try losers:greenpbl:

hahaha

they misspellled please, price and payment, but they spelled

subsequently ok ...... interesting...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back