Scanner for B&W film processing

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi friends,
It was like a dream come tre when i managed to get a Nikon FM2 with some scratches but working great with just 50$. Mechanical supremacy. Ran first 2 rolls of films through it and I am hooked to it.
The fun and learning in using an all mechanical camera is much above to the digital ones. I haven't touched my digital since i got the FM2. However, want your suggestion as I want to focus on black and white photograhy with it.
The cost of scanning of films is quite high . hence want to know what scanner would be good enough within 300$ and also what film to use. I used the Ilford HP5 but wanna know your suggestion. I am so much new to film photography but it seems so great!!!!

I ran through my first two rolls of ilford hp5 yesterday and I haven't been able to get them developed yet. I plan on doing it myself this week. Scanner wise, I have an Epson v330 photo scanner and outdoes its job quite well. It's perfect for sharing the photos on the web and sending the files off to get printed and what not. But, if you have a particular frame you like I would suggest getting it chemically enlarged, especially with black and white film. The image just pops out at you and it will last forever.

Most reactions

Back