Scanner Problem

Photodogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently tried to use my Microtek Scanmaker 3700 to scan a 4x6 photo... without great success. The photo comes out very bright, even when the scanner software is set to correct settings (Ie. Input - Photo, True Color, etc...)

Here is a look at one example:

test.jpg

The above photo is what I am getting without adjustments of brightness/contrast. I have adjusted both using the provided software and it is still unacceptable when changed. My scanner never used to scan like this, but it has been sitting idle for nearly 2 years without use.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong?

Thanks, Tim.

First thing is to try updating to the latest driver. It could be that you have changed your system and the old driver doesn't work to well.
Try scanning using TWAIN.
Just trying to eliminate the obvious. If you still have a problem we shall have to think of something else. But I am sure one of the nice people here will help.

I've used the latest drivers from the manufacturer. I've tried scanning using Photoshop and the manufacturer's software. No luck.

Hmm. Try the connections then. I've had funny colour and contrast problems with monitors where the connections have been a bit loose.
I've never known solid state electronics break from just sitting around idle.

Most reactions

Back