Scared By a Robin?

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep, it’s true. I’m so used to seeing the smaller songbirds in my backyard blind that I got startled by a Robin! This is my first Robbin of the season and I wasn’t used to seeing them. Needless to say I missed that shot…so what else is new. :grumpy:

Saw this poor White-crowned Sparrow with an apparent broken or injured leg. He seems to be well-fed for now, so hopefully he’ll survive.
white-crowned-sparrow-1575.jpg

My backyard pond is working out great!!
white-crowned-sparrow-1579.jpg

white-crowned-sparrow-1580.jpg

Got a Dark-eyed Junco as the sun went down.
dark-eyed-junco-1586.jpg

Very good shooting! :)

Out of interest you sure its an injured leg? Just wondering becauase I know with larger birds (like ducks) they will stand upon one leg from time to time (apparently its a sign they are conent/happy with things) though I've never seen a smaller songbird doing such (they appear to allways hop around on two legs) but could be this happening?

Very good shooting! :)

Out of interest you sure its an injured leg? Just wondering becauase I know with larger birds (like ducks) they will stand upon one leg from time to time (apparently its a sign they are conent/happy with things) though I've never seen a smaller songbird doing such (they appear to allways hop around on two legs) but could be this happening?

Definitely an injury. The other leg was almost dangling. :(

great shots and as for your backyard what feed are you providing to recieve these great birds

wow great setup i especially like the water fall =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back