The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Schwedagon Pagoda complex is one of the wonders of the world. This is a less wondrous back corridor.

p1993511538-5.jpg

I think if you had the wooden frame all the way around and the subject hallway brighter all the way to the back that would perhaps be interesting OR perhaps crop down so just the hallway or one of the interesting people was the subject. As is, I don't see any point to catch the eye.

My eye is pulled right to the woman with her baby - the brightness and color make her a dominant aspect of this composition, but she is so very small in the frame. My eye continues to scan the frame but I keep getting pulled back to her. When I try to take in the symmetry of the hallway the man's posture is - I don't know how to describe it. It just sucks the life out of the photo for me. I just want him to not be there. I see why you shot this. You have a good eye, but I don't think the photo gods were with you on this one.

thanks for the extended comment.
This was shot a while ago with a D200 and I'm not certain that I could take him out well enough.
It's been around so long that it seems like it should be that way. :048:

I went straight to the distant figure coming towards the camera with the right hand (possibly)raised, it must be an 'assess the immediate danger possibilities' thing still with me. :)
I always like the less taken shots best. Everyone has a shot of the fronts of buildings...boring.
Nice shot and a nice place, what time of year were you there? I went in the early springtime.

Most reactions

Back