Scotland Shots

Petea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petes-photoworld.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first post. These are a few shots from time up in Scotland in the Torridon region. All on Olympus 35-80mm F2 lens

100706_P_SLID030.jpg

100706_P_SLID032.jpg

and my favourite of the three

100708_P_SLID004.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very nice landscape. I am sure you enjoyed photographing the scenes.

It seems like photographically you cannot really go wrong on Scotland. The scenery - so I take it from all the photos I've seen so far, as I've never been far into Scotland myself as yet - must be breathtaking for most of the time.

I find your photos a bit "cool", as in "colour temperature", they are quite blue overall, as if your white balance had still been set to "tungsten" when in fact you were outdoors and had natural light.

In case you shoot RAW, this can very (!) easily be remedied in RAW.

It seems like photographically you cannot really go wrong on Scotland. The scenery - so I take it from all the photos I've seen so far, as I've never been far into Scotland myself as yet - must be breathtaking for most of the time.

I find your photos a bit "cool", as in "colour temperature", they are quite blue overall, as if your white balance had still been set to "tungsten" when in fact you were outdoors and had natural light.

In case you shoot RAW, this can very (!) easily be remedied in RAW.

I agree in that they all appear very cool, and that they come off as slightly blue. did you shoot in raw?

Ahhhh - my homeland!
scotland.gif

Your photos are lovely and capture the glens beautifully. But I agree with the others that they're looking a bit too "blue". It's patriotic, though, I'll give you that ;)

Beautiful shots. I see others have mentioned too, your white balance was typically thrown off in overcast sky and made things very blue. Easily correctable in post, and it would make the shots more poignant with the correct amount of red in them. Great to have this material available to photograph...

Thanks all.

This is on slide film, Fuji Velvia. The weather was not the best when I went, most of time a lot of cloud and a lot of rain, so that may be the reason for the cool temperature of the shots.

The weather was not the best when I went, most of time a lot of cloud and a lot of rain, so that may be the reason for the cool temperature of the shots.

:lol:

As the saying goes in Scotland ... If you can't see the hills, it's raining. If you can see the hills, it's about to rain ;)

^never heard that one before
But I had my first hill walking experience last saturday - It abseloutely killed me!
We done Bein Ghlas (i am going to upload some of the images later maybe.)
the walk up to the start was hardest lol.

the guys I was with then continued up to ben lawers, but I wimped out, I couldn't have done it.
my muscles were pulsing!
I take my hat off to people who do it all the time!

in regard to the images, I suggest you correct the colour (can fix it in LAB Colour mode too.)

beautiful area and shot thanks for sharing I cant give you C&C but they are nice pics:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back