SD Card Problems

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the past 2 years I have been using 8 GB San Disk cards in my Nikon D610. Yesterday I bought two brand new 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro Cards. They work in my camera just fine without buffering etc.... But both of my laptop computers will not read these cards. They seem to lock up the computers. But with the 8 GB cards they read just fine. All cards are formatted in the camera. What could be the problem?

Thank you,

Lonnie

how are you using them with the laptop...

If the laptop has a built in SD card reader you are MOST likely using a card that the built in reader cannot access, ie different generation, different compatability.

IF using an external card reader, same issues.

how are you using them with the laptop...

If the laptop has a built in SD card reader you are MOST likely using a card that the built in reader cannot access, ie different generation, different compatability.

IF using an external card reader, same issues.
Hi FlyingPhoto,

It is good to hear from you. At least someone has an answer. That is fine! I do have a data cable that will transfer pictures from the camera to the hard drive.

Its something few people mention or think about. When a card reader is made, it is most likely up to using anything on the market at that time.

And afterwords, any time a card maker releases a new level of technology to cards, its useless. But a card reader will typically be able to read any older card in it.

SD, without the HC, XC, or UC extra designation, is limited to 2GB. If your laptop's reader is not capable of reading SDHC or better, then that is your issue.

HC goes up to 32GB, probably what you have. XC goes up to 2TB, and UC goes up to 128TB. Those are the standards, anyway, AFAIK, nobody has an SD card available over 1TB.

• Agree
Reactions: ntz

Most reactions

Back