What's new

Sea Foam

Bender

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
144
Location
The Future
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit



p829053664-5.jpg
 
Very nice - I really like this image, have you tried any slight contrast adjustments to see if you can get the white areas actually white?
 
Very nice - I really like this image, have you tried any slight contrast adjustments to see if you can get the white areas actually white?

Thanks!

I adjusted contrast quite a bit just to get here. There are many small areas in the image where the highlights are already clipping. Going any further would start to make them a distraction. In my opinion anyway. ;) I process using a dark background as well and I think the white background on the forum tends to effect the perceived contrast in some images. That may be happening here.
 
Hey man, that's not a photograph (maybe you started with one). Now it's a drawing, digital one. :lol:
 
Guilty as charged. ;)

I know some folks have lines in the sand regarding processing and when a photo is no longer a photo, but I don't really care. If it looks OK (to me) I'm fine.
There's a lot of processing going on here so I guess I feel less guilty about it than I would if I just pushed a slider on a filter.
 
For timor ;):



p114680778-5.jpg
 
Good job with this processing. Looks like paintings of Group of Seven with a lot more details.
 
I think the black and white would be a lot better if the rocks looked a little more real. It is still pretty cool.
 
I like the digital paint look of your black and white version...which would look really nice on a metal print.

I would also like to see some processing of the color version as well. Play with the colors and levels.

Nice work.
 
Thanks for the comments everyone.

:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom