What's new

Seascape, Bulgaria

ShakeyBlakey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
113
Reaction score
1
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2238990379_5be6c64389_b.jpg


Snow melting on the rocks during my visit to Bulgaria in January
 
Another cracking shot! The lighting is beautiful, and the water looks as if it's painted.
 
I didn't even register that as water at first, it looked like mist to me! Long exposure perhaps? Though the way it interacts with the rocks I'm still inclined to think it's a layer of mist...

A really great photo, I love the light on your snow - it's unusual not to see bright white relief-less and shadow-less snow... great job :)

C.
 
I think you're right...it's probably mist on the water. I just shortened it to 'water'.
 
Its only water with a 10 second exposure, that makes it look misty, fuzzy or whatever you want to call it, I used neutral density filters and a tripod so I could leave my shutter open for so long without over-exposing the image.
 
That's excellent! The muted colors create a very nice atmosphere, and the lighting is gorgeous. I wish I could see a bit more to the right side, I feel like there's some sand or something there to see, but other than that, it's a very well-composed shot. Great work!
 
Yeah, great shot. Now, I have to go look up "neutral density filter." :)
 
The image has a "canvas"-feeling to it, which I am sure you meant to create - and successfully created, after all. I think I'll have to invest in some ND filters for once, after all. I haven't ever so far managed to "nail" that "rushing water" or even "foggy water" aspect... :scratch:

What on earth made you travel to Bulgaria in JANUARY???
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom