What's new

Seat for Two

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p237229650-4.jpg



Thanks for viewing.
 
I love it and I don't....lol I'm going to have to ponder that for awhile to explain anything.....lol
 
I love it and I don't....lol I'm going to have to ponder that for awhile to explain anything.....lol

I'm kinda right there with you, haha.

It took me a hot second to figure out where the "seat for *two*" thing came in.
 
I love it and I don't....lol I'm going to have to ponder that for awhile to explain anything.....lol
But... you 'liked' this photo on my FB page last night. To me, that was the green light to post it here ;) Now I'm confused!

Thanks mishele and e!
 
I love love love that chair!!! I just don't love the right side of the shot.(too busy) I know you are kinda a "shoot it as I find it" kinda guy so that doesn't really help you a whole lot. The chair has SOO much character!! I just want to see it center stage in a more minimalist shot.

But as always my version of your shot might not be the same.
Keep shootin babe!!! I love following your stuff!!
 
I really like the idea of the shot, I think the chair could be darkened up or something to make it stand out more... on my laptop though and graphics are wacky on this thing so it might just be me.
 
I love it and I don't....lol I'm going to have to ponder that for awhile to explain anything.....lol
But... you 'liked' this photo on my FB page last night. To me, that was the green light to post it here ;) Now I'm confused!

Thanks mishele and e!

Women are complicated creatures Federico. :lol: :sexywink:
 
Invisible, that shot is just begging for a square crop...............with the chair dead centre.
(just my opinion, of course)
 
I like the concept alot. Better with "A Seat For Two" at the bottom. I can see it as a book cover.
 
Invisible, that shot is just begging for a square crop...............with the chair dead centre.
(just my opinion, of course)

I actually could see that...
 
Women are complicated creatures Federico. :lol: :sexywink:
Are they really??? :lmao:

Thanks for clarifying, mishele and BlackSheep. The story behind this image is that the original version (the one posted here) is the exact reflection of how I envisioned this scene in the field. I posted it on another forum, and someone suggested that I tried a square crop (with the chair either left or right). I followed his advice and posted the square crops, which people seemed to like better than the original. As the author of the work who had a clear vision for this photo, wrapping my mind around the new crops took time. After a couple days I did warm up to the square crops... but I still preferred the landscape version. The reason: not only does the landscape version place the subject in a context where it doesn't seem to belong (in the woods, not in someone's backyard), but it also gives a hint of how open, middle-of-nowherish the surroundings are.

That being said, the square crops didn't look half bad, so I can definitely see where you guys are coming from.

Thanks all for the feedback!
 
Did you place the chair here or is that where you found it?
 
Did you place the chair here or is that where you found it?
This is exactly how I found it. I did not move it an inch.
 
That was what I thought.....I like the shot.....but I think it could be better knowing the landscapes you come across...:sexywink: The idea of photographing things the way they are found is inspirational. Unfortunately, I kinda compare your landscapes and try to intertwine them...lol Which is not your artist vision.
Keep shooting babe!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom