What's new

Seattle Moon C&C

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First attempt at moon photography -- I was unsure if my camera was capable of zooming in super close, so I ended up just taking photos of the cityscape.

The thing is, by the time the city lights came on, the moon was up a ways ...

Any comments and tips for next time would be appreciated!


Seattle Moon by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
One way to do a shot like this is to take 2 shots - one that has the moon properly exposed (not badly over exposed) and a second that has the city lights properly exposed, then blend the two image together.
in fact, the moon could be shot earlier, and then just copy and pasted into the darker cityscape.

In this shot the moon is way over exposed.

None of the verticals are plumb.
 
Okay, I just played around in photoshop and I THINK I got it! haha. I had another moon picture that I took that was a close up ... so I just melded them! are the horizons straight now?


Seattle Moon2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom