Seattle Skyline

The more I look at #1 the more I like it. Where were you when you took this? Looks like you were out of the city at the time...

both very beautiful

Very nice. The second one is my favorite.

I don't get it, I see those pics at a normal shot, very hazy looking, I know its the conditions but don't get why everyone is jizzing all over them.

Is it becuase he has a watermark w/ his name on them?

The more I look at #1 the more I like it. Where were you when you took this? Looks like you were out of the city at the time...

This was taken from up on Somerset Hill, pretty close to Newport High School. If you live nearby, you should check it out sometime.

I don't get it, I see those pics at a normal shot, very hazy looking, I know its the conditions but don't get why everyone is jizzing all over them.

Is it becuase he has a watermark w/ his name on them?

It has to be one of the two things you mentioned. Hmm, either it was the conditions or people are just really envious over my watermark...

Wow...the first one is fantastic. Well done!

This was taken from up on Somerset Hill, pretty close to Newport High School. If you live nearby, you should check it out sometime.
Thanks. I don't get over there much, but the next time I do, I'll have to remember this. Great vantage point.

I don't get it, I see those pics at a normal shot, very hazy looking, I know its the conditions but don't get why everyone is jizzing all over them. ...
Photos are subjective, and I've seen photos here where I "don't get it" either. It's what makes the world go 'round.

I've seen so many photos of Seattle that I couldn't even attempt to count. I've taken a fair number of them myself. None, in my humble opinion, match #1 above.

First, it's a unique vantage point. That means it's not the same old from-the-water shot. Also, what is lacking makes it different, and that's the famous Space Needle. (It is in the second shot, though.) Most folks want to make sure that gets in the shot at the cost of composition. (I've been guilty of that myself.) Most of those shots are for tourists or for relatives out of town.

The colors are just fantastic and without the oh so typical overdone post processing job. (Everyone seems to be into over-saturation now-a-days.) -- It just looks natural and inviting.

And composition is spot on.... etc...

And that's why I like it.

Dseidman - these are stunning photos, as are the others posted on your site. Beautiful work

daithi

Most reactions

Back