IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

Running around Seattle taking pictures. All comments are welcome.

I like the forth image, it has some great composition imo, the green trees and the blue in the building really jumps at you. :)

The crab pot is really good.

And I can almost see my work in #3 :thumbup:

Hello, Mike. Looks like we are neighbors. I live in Portland, OR. =)

For me, personally, they look mostly like snapshots.

For many of them I am not sure what the subject is... what is interesting in the shot that makes me look at it?

For quite a few that have subjects, the subjects aren't that interesting or are not framed in a way that is interesting to the eye... the statue is an example... statues themselves tend to be mildly uninteresting unless you do something really cool with them... in this one you could have framed it with the architecture of the building (which was honestly only kinda interesting anyway), and you appeared to try, but because you didn't do it in a way that was either TOTALLY centered, or MASSIVELY off-center, it wound up looking more like an accident than a particular choice of framing.

When taking a shot, try to consider what you are trying to show... is there an emotion that grabbed you? Are you portraying it? Keep in mind you only have that small square of 2d image with no sound or motion to show it... there needs to be more than just a snap. Is there a pattern? A color? Movement? Action? What? Whatever it is that caught your eye, you need to figure out a way to translate it in such a way as to be meaningful to someone who lacks the benefit of actually being there and having all that additional sensory input.

Keep trying!

Thanks for the feedback, Manaheim. I think you understood my photos very well and I'll take, what you said, into consideration. =)

Most reactions

Back