What's new

Seattle

JennyCupcakes

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
seattle__s_overlook_by_jennycupcakes-d518j8y.jpg


Hi! I'm new to the forums, and I just been looking for critiques to improve on my photos. If you guys would be kind enough and give me your honest opinion. I swear I don't be hurt about the truth!
Thank you.
-JC
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0317 copy.webp
    $DSC_0317 copy.webp
    494.6 KB · Views: 115
Hi there and welcome!

Generally, I like it. Looks like this was shot from the Space Needle, possibly while visiting, since it says under your username you're from Houston. Pity about the white sky that day, and the lack of light and shadow play leaves it a bit flat, lighting-wise. It's leaning just a teeny tad to the left too. I'm not big on watermarks and signatures, generally, but I like that you signed it without being gaudy about it.
 
Yeah I was pretty disappointed about the weather that day but I wasn't surprised. I just wish I could've seen the mountains in the background a lot better. That was what I was really excited about.
Thank you for your comment I really appreciate it.
 
Hiya :)

I agree with Buckster about the tilting. The white sky doesn't bother me though. In fact, I rather like the way the buildings contrast with the whiteness. I'd leave out the signature, though, or at least place it in one of bottom corners. There is a wonderful crispness in this photo; I find it very appealing.
 
$DSC_0317 copy.webp
7285623870_91660e91e2_h.jpg

Here's a straighten version with no water mark. Good thing I saved the originals.
 
I'd like a crop of the bottom, right up and over the roofline of the first smaller building in the middle bottom right up to the base of the little black 7 vertical panel building mid-left...and a sky. Otherwise, nice and clear and sharp!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom