What's new

Second shot some bridals...

Man, reading all the reviews about the D7000 will make you think twice about the D700. Everything says the ISO capability of the D7K is to par with the D700 plus it has video with autofocus. Hmmmmm........
 
I've read the reviews also Eric and I despite all the reviews I still went with the D700. Better sensor, better sealing, and in the end better camera from what I could gather. It up to you though and what your comfortable with.
 
Thom Hogan specifically mentions that, while the D7000 performs superbly at elevated ISO settings for an APS-C sized sensor, that it simply can NOT match the performance of a full-frame sensor. But yes, for a crop-body, the new sensor and electronics that Nikon has and Pentax has in its new body (same Sony-made sensor) are setting new standards.
 
Man, reading all the reviews about the D7000 will make you think twice about the D700. Everything says the ISO capability of the D7K is to par with the D700 plus it has video with autofocus. Hmmmmm........


Its still a crop sensor, which means no matter what they say, it still can't absorb as much light as the full frame sensor.
 
Very true. I just know that of I sell off my current gea to finance the camera I will only be able to afford a cheaper prime and that's about it for a while.
 
A D7000 is not a D700. Sure, it may go to the same values as the 700, but the sensor is half the size, and at any ISO other than base, or maybe 400, the D700 pulls away in IQ. I'm not sure where you are in Arkansas, but can you rent gear?
 
hi al, I need to know, is the highest iso the low image quality ? or it is according to the camera even if the same iso setting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom