What's new

"Secrets Between Sisters" for c&c

sjconner

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 3 shots from this afternoon. The girls were by a window (only light I used) telling each other secrets. I was trying out my "new to me" 50mm f1.7 manual lens. I had it stopped down to 1.7 and the depth of field is shorter than I thought. Most of the pictures I took were out of focus - many were waaay out of focus. I am going to need to practice ... a lot! In some of the pictures their eyes would be focused but not their nose. I think I will try to bracket with aperture tomorrow. I used Portraiture for skin smoothing and CoffeeShop's Eye Bright for the eyes. What do you think I should work on?

Thanks,
Susan

1.


2.


3.
 
Here are 3 shots from this afternoon. What do you think I should work on?

Thanks,
Susan

#1 is good, has potential with regards to composition, though I'd like to see a bit more of the girl on the left, at least an eye. Maybe have her tell the secret and look at the camera at the same time, kind of a "keeping an eye on you" kind of thing.

#2 I'd have tossed (for the "secret" theme you wanted), whats with the funky colors on the left of the photo? The light is better (other than the...flare maybe? over saturated/over contrasted) but the girl on the right looks annoyed and the girl on the left looks grumpy lol

#3 could have used a reflector. Pop one of those on her left side (our right) to fill some of the shadows and you've got a great shot on your hands. It's a bit tight, but it works for me, I like it.

In fact, they all could have used a reflector, or an off camera fill flash.

Not bad though, the eyes are great and the skin looks natural. Cute kids :thumbup:
 
I think you did an great job on the eyes!

#1 Is really good. I like this one a lot.

#2 The color seems off on the left side, and there's something about their faces that just seems weird to me, but not bad.

#3 A little more light on the right side of her face would be nice, and maybe try to brighten up her teeth just a little.
 
I think the funky coloring on the left side is the vignette from the Coffee Shop action. I think I forgot to turn that layer off. I went back to check and I didn't save the Photoshop file only the JPG. That darkness and coloring aren't in the original out of the camera.

A reflector is a great idea. I have one I made out of a sheet of foam core and metallic gold spray paint. I left it at my office (day job) after shooting portraits of students. It works really well. I ordered a 5 in 1 but haven't received it yet.

I am glad the pp on the skin was good; my monitor isn't calibrated yet. I was worried about it being natural.

Thanks again,
Susan

PS - The girl on the right is annoyed because her sister licked her. The little one is laughing really hard at her joke.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom