Section suggestions

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just two little ideas here:

1) Remove or reactivate the photo of the month competition subsection. At present its a deadzone and only seems to attract adbots/onepost wonders and other such evil creatures. If the section is not (in the near future) going to be re-activated then I suggest hiding/removing it from active service

2) Move "Off Topic" and "Just for Fun Gallery" up the forum structure to nearer the top (ie near that dumping ground of Beginners). More and more I see more beginners just posting photo threads in teh beginners section without want for any actual critical assessment or help, but just to share - further the similar effect is seen with some threads. Raising the two subsections up in the forum structure would increase the chances of them being noticed and thus, one hopes, used.

PS - no news/developments on the critique section query raised a few weeks/months ago?

Any update/considerations on this from the mod team?

It has been talked about, and I don't think there are any objections to sprucing up the sections...but AFAIK, nothing has been done yet.

We certainly do appreciate the suggestions for what you want to see though, so keep that up.
But as always, it's one thing to suggest a critique forum...but it's another thing to implement it and set it up so that it doesn't become a total mess (like it has several times in the past). So if anyone has more specific ideas about what they would like to see in a critique section, please elaborate.

Set one specific rule that is enforced.
Critics must be civil and show respect to the photographer, his/her work and the subject.

Most reactions

Back