Sedona

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From 2006- Thought I'd share my crappy comp. with you all so you don't make likewise errors.
680-c5336.jpg

Centralised compositions have their place. In fact isn't the asymmetrical composition something of a photographer's cliche? The saying "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" carries a lot of truth. The colours give this shot potential. Have you done a rescue job on the sky?

Regards, Tony

Centralised compositions have their place. In fact isn't the asymmetrical composition something of a photographer's cliche? The saying "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" carries a lot of truth. The colours give this shot potential. Have you done a rescue job on the sky?

Regards, Tony

This was the best of the bunch. The sky helped the comp quite a bit actually. I shot them sort of half-asked throughout my trip and realized after I got home that I should have put forth more of an artistic effort. Curses.

I also shot these all on auto-everything. I had just bought my d70 and was used to just p&s like I've done for years for my website. With finally getting my PS skills into a reasonable arena, I am able to use some of these in my current -art- project.

Yes, the sky was a bit blown upper mid-left. I applied a warming filter and did a little burning. Wish I would have shot these RAW. Wish I would've done a good job. Wish I'd win the lottery (is that three?).

Thanks for the reminder on the comp. I'll be in Sedona for part of the 4th of July weekend. I hope to take much better photos this time than the last time with my P&S.

The sky is dramatic. You mentioned a warming filter, was it polarized as well?

Thanks for the reminder on the comp. I'll be in Sedona for part of the 4th of July weekend. I hope to take much better photos this time than the last time with my P&S.

I have a photo of Coffee Pot Rock that you may be interested in, I'll post it when I run into it. I'm looking forward to your take on the area.

The sky is dramatic. You mentioned a warming filter, was it polarized as well?

Thanks. The sky was a bit blown out, but still had a slight bit of color. I used a photoshop filter to bring the color out and used athe burn tool at about 12% to blend it in some. The ONLY thing I did right on my photos that trip was leave the circular polarizer on the lens.

Beautiful shot! I'm gonna be there over the 4th of July weekend, really looking forward to shooting!

Of a beautiful place

Beautiful shot! I'm gonna be there over the 4th of July weekend, really looking forward to shooting!

Thank you- wish I was going there soon. I got a few more from the area I'll be posting in the next day or two. Stick around :).

Of a beautiful place

Thanks, appreciate that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back