selective coloring *NWS*

ilyfel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, Like I said before my husband slapped me with a DIY when it comes to editing pictures now. Sucks because he did it all for me before. Figured if this one got good reviews I'd print it off and frame it for my friend (the model) for a gift.

_MG_6215-1.jpg

C&C welcome. What do you think?

I really like this, but I don't care for the cold feel the skin has. If it were smoother, I think it would look better.

I feel that it could loose the arm and hand with a closer crop. A bit of skin smoothing might be in order and maybe boost the levels of the color/tat.

the remarks on the skin and lose the underpants.

I like the shot a lot, very nice...im feeling something needs to be done with the contrast though...id say frame it

I agree with most comments. While I don't generally like selective coloring, it might be the right call here. That said, it might be a bit too over done--that is, the tattoo almost looks like it was pasted on in PS, especially on the left side.

Have you tried a very de-saturated color version? That might work a bit better.

the remarks on the skin and lose the underpants.

By loosing the underpants, do you mean take them off or just crop them out?

As far as completely loosing the underpants, if thats what you mean, I think it could work, but it would just be far to distracting for the general viewing audience. It works for photographing the nude body, but that would be counter productive for the selective coloring of the tattoo which makes the tattoo the obvious subject of the photograph, not the naked female form

I'm not sure if a tighter crop would work because of the angle of the arm, it distracts from the natural S-curve going up from the hip, which is naturally appealing . I think a re-shot would work with the arm pointing directly out or up and out of the frame. Then have the shot cropped just below the breasts. With the panties, I would just pull them down far enough so they would be out of frame, obviously the picture couldn't be as low down the leg if done that way.

I actually like the saturation of colors on the tattoo. I also like that the background is colored too (especially with a non distracting color), not just the tattoo.

Thanks! Well losing the panties is out of the question. She has an amazing body and I had a really cute idea for a full nude and she wouldn't have it. She wouldn't even show her boobs. lol I'm not going to push the matter.

Thanks! Well losing the panties is out of the question. She has an amazing body and I had a really cute idea for a full nude and she wouldn't have it. She wouldn't even show her boobs. lol I'm not going to push the matter.

I wouldn't take someone out of their comfort zone. Too bad, cause she has great natural curves for a nude study. Great subject.

Close, but no cigar :grumpy: j/k lol

Most reactions

Back