Selective Colour Attempt - Flowers

sm3g

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So a couple of months back I went to the botanical gardens and got a heap of shot (uploaded a few a while ago), decided to give the whole selective colour type thing a go on some of the shots I got:

All photos taken with a D3300 with 18-55mm Kit Lense.

DSC_0118 by Sam Wardlaw, on Flickr
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 55.0 mm
  • 1/2000

DSC_0083 by Sam Wardlaw, on Flickr
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 55.0 mm
  • 1/2000

DSC_0080 by Sam Wardlaw, on Flickr
  • ƒ/8.0
  • 55.0 mm
  • 1/1000

The edge of the purple doesn't look right here, not sure why?
I am aware that two of these are largely white, but I like how they stand out!
Thoughts? The post processing was performed with light room, would drop down colour sliders to 0 saturation where they didn't have any presence in what i was picking out, would then use the little brush tool thing to do spot blacking out on areas close to the subject.

I will likely be in the minority on this one, but I like them all. #1 are you able to burn a little of the left side (it may be blown out). #2 wish there was a little more room at the bottom. #3, purple and green look so nice together, maybe bring back some green somewhere. :)

I will likely be in the minority on this one, but I like them all. #1 are you able to burn a little of the left side (it may be blown out). #2 wish there was a little more room at the bottom. #3, purple and green look so nice together, maybe bring back some green somewhere. :)
#1 - You talking about the brighter white bits around the edge of some of the leaves there?
#2 - Yeah, Unfortunately it's not even cropped, just poorly framed to start with.
#3 - I will upload one with some foreground green probably tonight or tomorrow!
Cheers for the feedback!

I am not a big fan of selective color processing, and these photos support my opinion. Sorry.
Yeah, figured it takes a certain type to like it! No need to be sorry.

#1 - You talking about the brighter white bits around the edge of some of the leaves there?
#2 - Yeah, Unfortunately it's not even cropped, just poorly framed to start with.
#3 - I will upload one with some foreground green probably tonight or tomorrow!
Cheers for the feedback!

Yes, the very brightest portions on the outer edges.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back