Self Maternity photos...c&c please

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Practice round for my maternity session. This is a new style for me, so I'm not sure if it "works" or not...? Plus, taking and editing photos of yourself is very hard imo!! Please C&C. Thanks!

5529867471_3bdfaa9cec.jpg

5529861247_9fe896a22f.jpg

5530447094_8844c5aa48.jpg

And a couple in color -

5530442226_5e976c1449.jpg

5529857221_4d1c708ffa.jpg

Those are lovely photos! Good luck with the baby and all. Self portraits are so difficult. I'd suggest a small aount more top space, above your head, would be a nice improvement. Perhaps move the camera back a bit, or use a slightly shorter focal length to give a bit more room there.

Beautiful on my I phone. I would take it a step further and take off your underwear and hide your private using a different angle or use the cloth. I like the B/W.

A. I dont like maternity shots.
B. I dont like self portraits.

However... these are surprisingly very pleasing. Very nicely done and refreshing to not see what I fully expected to. Could you add a reflector opposite the window to lessen the harshness of the shadows?

Last edited:
Very nice, some of the better ones I've seen recently. Being self portraits make these even more special. Congrats and Best Wishes for you and your new baby. ;)

I think I'm going to add a light behind me and have my husband take them.....he probably wouldn't be as likely to chop my head off as my 6 year old!! lol

Brava Jen, a great self portrait is hard to take add in the maternity factor and its even more so. I think you did a great job but Derrel and Robin both have good comments and I think Chris is correct on the use of a reflector. Congrats on the addition to your family. I bet your 6yr old is excited. Many blessings to you. :hug::

I have seen many topless maternity shots that are ridiculously good. I wish I can find the link. I would do some of those too so you can show it off to your kids when you are 80 yo :).

I like these, although I, too, was thinking that maybe some more light reflected onto the other half of your face would make these softer, less contrasted, your one eye not glittering and shining so much out of the dark side of your face.

But other than that, and given that these were actually taken by your six-year-old (! - kudos to him or her!), I find they are very, very good selfs, and very good maternity photos!
It sure helps that you are a BEAUTIFUL mom-to-be!

The pictures are lovely, as are you. Congratulations to you and your husband and I wish you a worry-free pregnancy and a smooth birth. As the father of a relatively new one myself, the excitement and joy of my son's arrival are still fresh in my mind. Mazel tov!

First off Congrats on your baby, and may i say your husband is one lucky man.

To the picture, i think they came out really good for self portraits and even if they weren't. What i would have liked to see is a gradient background and by that i mean having a more darker backdrop behind your shoulders which transitioned to the bright white.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! In everyway possible! I think everyone had some good points but IMO they are amazing as they stand knowing that this was very very hard! lol.. Props to the 6 year old assistant a rising star!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back