Self portrait in old shack

Lord Commander

Servant of the light
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got stuck in this old shack when the sky opened up and decided to experiment a little. So while I waited for the rain to pass I captured this "selfie". If you have CC I'd love to hear it!

44012580134_c8d468c280_k.jpg

I think it's great.

Really well done. Maybe crop a little higher.

Yes, I tend to agree about maybe cropping. Pretty good core image to start with....One might crop down some of the periphery above and below and see if that core image appears even stronger. I have not actually done any cropping of the image,and I think that sometimes one must actually perform the cropping action to see if one's instincts/feelings/guesses/hunches are correct or not.

Really well done. Maybe crop a little higher.
What does that mean? Leave more room above me, less beneath me, or something else? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term . Thank you!

I meant crop a little off the bottom.

I actually like it as is, as the negative space of the environment contributes to the perspective of the subject, and balances light and shadow.

I wouldn't crop at all. The picture (as a story) really benefits from all the space. Nice shot.

Nice self portrait. As far as the crop, I believe you should take a little off the top. The blacks are crunched, giving no feel for what's around you. I'd like to see you recover some of the shadows if you can. Overall, nicely done.

I think I would have stood a little closer to the window.

Nice bw, I like it.

Most reactions

Back