self portrait ring flash

Nice ghetto set up. :thumbup:
They all look pretty good. Last one seems out of focus to me. Also next time try to get the green wall to fill the entire background.

I like 4 a lot.
Also, you're very pretty. Most red heads I don't like the look of for some reason...like...the orange hair thing? Yours isn't fluorescent orange...I really like it.

You should work on finding a tripod/self timer routine...so you can take some more inclusive portraits that have your whole head...

seriously i just cracked up. anyway, yes i should practice on getting me more in frame. you guys are right. and sw1tchfx yeah i know i took a picture with it into the mirror so you could see what part of it is getting lit and its more like a semi-circle flash. i will post it at a later date when i upload pics. and the strobist one i dont think could be put on a tripod, so i made my own. thanks to everyone for commenting and such and liking my hair. oh yeah and my avatar is julian casablancas, my future husband. sorry inner fangirl is coming out.

Not bad and I have been toying with the thought of making one myself, what are you using for a light source... a strobe or built in flash? Either way they turned out rather well for something that cost I'm sure close to nothing, but they would have been a bit better if you just put a little more distance between the background and you, and upped your flash power a couple of stops. Like I said not bad and looks good. I do agree 2 is the best.

yes i used a built in flash. yes i agree with you. yeah it did cost nothing, i just used stuff i had around the house haha. it was easy to make it was just very tideous.

Normally I don't like pictures of somebody posing for the camera but you pull it off well. I love your creativity and these are all very interesting to look at. Keep up the good work.

I vote for number 5 as your new avatar!

Nice ring light btw. I love those things. I use mine all the time.

here is the problem....

Picture001-2.jpg

does anyone know how i could fix it? so itll be more of a ring flash and less of a smei circle flash.

thanks for all the comments everyone

here is the problem....

Picture001-2.jpg

does anyone know how i could fix it? so itll be more of a ring flash and less of a smei circle flash.

thanks for all the comments everyone

I honestly dont think that you can do much. One of the things that makes the strobist flash work is that the flash head is actually pointed at the lens, and the foil reflects it around. But when you use the built in flash ( I'm assuming you are? ) the flash head points to the subject, and thus there is no light on the bottom half.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back