What's new

Self-portrait

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
517
Reaction score
25
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was bored tonight so decided to take a self-portrait. Enjoy! :thumbup:

4312729019_c14c196ab1_b.jpg
 
I like the lighting, I'm not a big fan of selective coloring though.
 
I have a question for you.

i am new to lightning photography and i cam currently practicing my lightning technique.

to create this type of lightning, what did you use exactly?


i asume that you were in a complely dark place with maybe a black backdrop and a flash to you right ? or did you use a light?


Thanks.
 
Your selective coloring is so subtle thats no problem. While your lighting is pretty good Id prefer to see your shooting angle taken more from straight on instead of you looking up into the camera. The dark mood of the pic would be better off with the subject having the power rather than the photographer. By the way, if you used lightning as your light source, it must have been a small one and far away. ahahahaha
 
Great work. I think the highlight side of your face is a bit underexposed however.
 
i personally would clone out whatever was visible on camera left. lookes pretty nice though
 
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I used a black backdrop and I had a single sb-600 camera right about one foot away from my face. The room was actually completely lit, I had the lights on but I underexposed all of the ambient light by using a small aperture (f11 I think) and a shutter of 1/200s.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom