Self Portrait

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P4110004copycopy.jpg

IMO, speaking from a wealth of ignorance about portrait photography, this is a remarkably good self-portrait.

It reminds me of those photos you used to get done in elementary school! Oh, thats not a bad thing...just what it reminds me of!

I like the photo. And if you shot it with the Olympus at 3.2 mp, even better job. :) what type of lighting did you use.

Just a couple of things I'd point out .. in the lower right, just above your shoulder, the blue turns a bit muddy .. and you have a couple of hot spots on your forehead, but overall great job. I like it.

I haven't been brave enough to do self-portraits yet.

The spot above your shoulder on the right hand side bothers me also.
Great self portrait though. I can't wait to get started on doing these (i know that my friends and family will only model for so long).

I too am interested in your lighting.

Haha funny you should ask about my lighting. I am a BIG DIY kinda guy. I used a home lamp place about 15 feet in front of me to the right side. And I bounced my flash out of my homemade umbrella lamp right behind the camera and tripod. ( Actual umbrella light was off, just bounced my promaster of camera flash out of it) I taped it to the light haha.. Strobes anyone? And as far as the dark spot above my shoulder, that was a PS error when I was darkening the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back