Sell or keep my old lens?

fallenawake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Rachel and I'm an 18 year old photographer from TN.

I really want to purchase the 50mm f/1.4 lens from Canon for my 7D camera, and I don't know whether to sell the lens I am using now to raise money for the lens, or wait and buy the 1.4 and use both? The lens I have now is a 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6.

I used to shoot weddings, but I don't anymore, so I don't see how I would need two lenses. My dad wants me to keep my 3.5-5.6 lens and get the 1.4 lens when I have the money. The only problem is, I've not been getting business lately with my photography, and I don't think I'll be able to get it for a while.

Please help!

I think you would be disapointed in the long run if you get rid of the 28-135 and the range that comes with it. I would say to save and have both, your young and who knows what your going to want to be shooting in a couple years. Oh and how about posting some of your stuff?

Thank you for your input! I'm new here, so I don't know my way around. How do you post pictures?

As another option, get rid of the 28-135mm and get something like the 17-85mm or the 15-85mm. I'd personally go crazy if 28mm was the shortest focal length I had, on a camera like that.

Although, if you are going to have just one lens, the 50mm F1.4 would be a good one.

Thank you to everyone that commented! I am thinking of keeping the 28-135, since it has been a great lens for me. I still want the 1.4 though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back