Selling Alot of Gear: Canon, Manfrotto, Epson, HP ...

PhotoGator1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(5/9/10 - I UPDATED AD to move sold items to the end of this post.)

Some of you might remember me from selling my Canon 400 IS 2.8 lens here back in January /February. I'm now selling off more stuff, starting with the stuff that's in great shape. (I have some lenses and other things that needed a trip to the shop for one reason or another and that I never sent in so I can't sell those until they are checked out & repaired.)

Just so you know I'm legit, the photo section of my Web site is here:

Imagine Media

(I haven't updated the site in a long time.)

You can email me direct or via the links on my site if you'd like to make sure I am who I claim to be. ;)

I'm selling because I had to give up photography after a sudden severe health problem a few years ago. I held onto my equipment hoping I'd one day be able to return but I now know that isn't going to happen. I was a freelance photojournalist and worked for the Associated Press for a few years as well.

I shot sports 90% of the time and only rarely (very rarely) ever used flash or any flash accessories, so the items related to that are in nearly mint condition except the off camera shoe cord which has some wear and tear because it was kept in my camera bag "just in case." So it's a bit worn in some of the paint.

If anyone lives near Gainesville, FL you can come get it from me. Anyone else I will only charge whatever it costs to ship & insure (Except for the Lowenpro which has free shipping.)

Pictures of the items are at the end of this post. Please, no critics, lol. I used the pop-up flash on my cheap camera and was in a rush. :)

Here is what I am selling so far:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Canon OA2 Off Camera Shoe Adapter - $15

More info here:

Canon | Off-Camera Shoe Adapter OA-2 | 2447A001 | B&H Photo Video

Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2 - $25

More info here:

Canon 2391A001 - Off-Camera Shoe Cord 2

FILM CAMERAS:

Canon A1 w vertical grip, Tokina Special 28mm f 2.8 lens & Tokina Special 135mm f 2.8 lens - $75

Canon A2 body w vertical grip - $45

Canon Elan body - $35

Canon Elan II body - $30

2 Sunpak Mini Spider Tripods - $5 for the pair

Brand new, never used.

More info here:

Walmart.com: Sunpak Mini Spider Tripod: Digital Cameras

INK:

Epson

Epson Color Ink T009

5 unopened cartridges = $20 each or all 5 for $75 (shipping included in price)

More info here:

Epson T009 Color Ink Cartridge ( T009201 )

Hewlet Packard

1 unopened HP 51645a Black Ink cartridge - $15

More info here:

HP 45 Black Ink Cartridge | HP® Official Store

(I didn't take a picture. Email if you want me to.)

photogear1.jpg

canonelanelanii.jpg

epsonink.jpg

THESE ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD:

Canon ST-E2 Transmitter - $145

This is in mint condition as I used it, or should I say "tried to use it" a couple of times, but I am embarrassed to say I always had a problem setting it and the flashes to "slave" or whatever and though it finally worked for me - and worked great - both times, it took me so long to get it working right that I nearly blew the assignments, so I just switched to natural light and single flash. When I found this in with my gear the other day I was surprised, and disappointed to find I hadn't removed the battery. I feared it might have leaked. I was shocked it not only hadn't but it was working and recycled very fast!

More info here:

Canon | ST-E2 Transmitter | 2478A002 | B&H Photo Video

Manfrotto 3265 Joystick Head Tripod Head - $50

The tripod collar on my Canon Zoom broke and I bought this thinking it would be a decent substitute when shooting sports and switching from vertical to horizontal but the added height and weight made it to cumbersome to lug around a football field for 4-5 hours (I always shot warmups as well) and a couple hours of pregame tailgating. I might have used it 3 times but I only recall 2 for sure. It's in perfectly new condition.

More info here:

Manfrotto | 222 Joystick Head | 222 | B&H Photo Video

# Supports 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
# RC2 Quick Release System

The Manfrotto Joystick Head is fast to set up and an easy to use tripod head. The very act of taking your hand away from the grip locks the head into position, which eliminates the extra step of having to tighten a knob or lever before being ready to shoot. You have immediate access to half of a sphere in which to position your camera. The tension of the ball can be adjusted to accommodate the load weight.

It is not for continuous tracking of moving subjects, because you must always grip the lever to release the ball and thus your hand would tire after prolonged use. In the vertical mode of horizontal-format cameras, it is limited to only 5.5 pounds. But for 6X6cm format shooters or 35mm up to an 80-200mm f/2.8 lens, it exceeds all others in expedience. An ideal head for wedding or portrait photographers.

• Fast, one-handed positioning
• Built-in bubble level
• Tension adjustment
• Secondary security lock

Load Capacity - 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
Height - 8.3" (21.1cm)
Quick Release
Spirit Level
Tension Control
Tripod Mount Thread Size - 3/8"

Lowepro Rover AW All Weather II Camera Backpack - $65 free shipping

Brand new - Never even tried it. Got as a Christmas gift but already had something that worked perfect for me.

More info here:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Rover-AW-II-Grey/dp/B0001MIIHO]Amazon.com: Lowepro Rover AW II Backpack (Grey): Camera & Photo[/ame]

Product Description

The Rover AW II by Lowepro is a two-compartment backpack featuring a built-in, adjustable, padded backpack harness with CollarCut shoulder straps; a sternum strap; waistbelt; and load-adjustment straps. Attachment loops on the harness and waistbelt take optional SlipLock add-ons. Stow camera gear in the bottom compartment. Extras (outerwear and lunch) fit in the top. Or remove the padded camera insert to use as a traditional backpack – the center divider folds away to create a single compartment. A bungee cord web compresses the backpack for stability and provides additional storage. Includes an All Weather AW Cover for extra protection, a pull-out tripod holder and mesh side pockets.

* Dual compartment design protects camera equipment and holds personal gear.
* Built-in Trekker Tripod Mount allows you to attach a tripod with stability and balance.
* All Weather AW Cover offers maximum protection against rain, dust and sand, and tucks away in its own pocket when not in use.
* Contoured shoulder harness provides ergonomic comfort and support
* SlipLock attachment loops allows you to add pouches or other SlipLock compatible products to increase your carrying capacity
Product Dimensions: 23.8 x 11 x 5.5 inches ; 3.3 pounds

Last edited:
When I click on your site, my "unified threat management" firewall block it.

When I force to go to your site, firefox WOT gave warning on your site because your site has poor reputation.

hum ... i think I will pass.

I had no problems what so ever getting to your site and I used my work computer which has every safety precaution known to man!

Ya, my site has has a "bad rep" for 3-4 years now but I had a stroke and don't shoot any more so I haven't had the strength or interest in fixing it. Actually, I guess all I need to do is point a different domain at it and dump ImagineMedia.org. I've had that domain many years and used to get a lot of traffic (I've had my Web site since 1996) but it started dying off and I finally found out why.

I had gone with a discount Web host that was something like $55 a year and they kept getting hacked and my site and everyone else's got messed up several times. What got me on every bad list known to man for a couple of years was when some hackers actually were able to use my domain to send out millions of Spam emails. They probably also installed some spyware or whatever on the site back then too.

I moved the site to GoDaddy more than two years ago and there hasn't been any more trouble, but I went on my own site a week ago with Google Chrome and I got the same damn warning, lol. I followed the reports from Google just to see what it said and the reports were from a couple years ago but I didn't get any specific info.

It irked me for a good amount of time when I thought how some arseholes could have put me out of business had I ever had any more than basically my old photo portfolio and some of my humor writings on the site. They killed the domain because it got so I couldn't even send emails because everyone's filters were blocking my domain, lol. That's when I switched to Gmail.

The site that has been up on GoDaddy for 2-3 years (and hasn't been updated for about 6-7 years except when my book was published I put a couple links to it on Amazon.com there) wasn't transfered. The old site that kept getting hacked was so bad I just stopped paying them and I uploaded the entire site to GoDaddy from my original files on my computer. Well, I guess that's kinda dumb to explain because you know there's no way a bad site is going to survive on GoDaddy's servers, lol. I shoulda just said that.

I own the domain "GatorPhoto.com" that I bought before my stroke when I'd hoped to be able to sell reprints of my NCAA (and pro sports) pics and I guess i should just take the time and point that to my site and just let ImagineMedia.org die a semi-dignified death. I used to get emails all the time out of the blue because of that site and several led to great writing gigs, including a book on Notre Dame football with Simon & Schuster, but I pretty much stopped doing anything with that site around 2002-2003 when I got a book contract for a photo book because everything in my life changed so drastically after that.

I can promise you wouldn't have gotten any spyware or anything else on my site and I am sure the person who visited it from work can tell you it's not a site that would ever be a threat (unless hijacked). Well, unless I was an evil genius who was an expert on computer viruses and went to the trouble to of designing a site that is so lame it looks like it came from the 90s and then stocked it with about 7-800 pages of pictures and humor columns (I used to write for National Lampoon among others) and then, since a site like that would have hardly any traffic, spent about 4 hours building a fake ad for some photo gear and posted it on a couple Internet message boards where he was GUARANTEED to probably suck a good 8 or 9 people onto his site so he could install some kind of spyware on their computer.

That would be absolutely brilliant! Nobody would ever suspect a site like that, ESPECIALLY when a big warning pops up telling you the site is unsafe. Maybe that's what really happened, lol. Maybe I'm actually a rich eccentric and very EVIL guy with tons of time on his hands who spent 1,000+ hours building that site and concocting a story about me being a well-known photographer - who even got doctors and a hospital to play along a couple years ago when they faked his stroke so he could wait a couple years and come here and suck you into his Jolly Web Of Doom. :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding you, of course. You'd have to be a fool if you didn't stay clear of my site when you saw that pop up. Heck, even I hesitated when it popped up for me, lol.

Anyway, a lot of the gear is sold and I'm about to remove the stuff that's gone. I have a few more things I will probably add eventually, but the photo stuff isn't high on my priorities list of all the stuff i am selling (and have been selling) as most of it is pretty inexpensive.

As far as i know, most of the gear sold on Craigslist but i believe the woman who bought the LowenPro came from this site because I didn't get a "Craigslist email" from her. I just shipped it to her on Friday and I will try to remember to email her in the next couple of days and ask her to come and post here and let you know she got what she paid for and got a ridiculous deal (considering it cost me $11 to ship she paid $54 for a brand new Lowenpro).

If anyone is interested in any of the remaining things let me know. I'm pretty sure the off-camera cord is sold and one other item might be too so there won't be much left after I edit my post.

Thanks,

Glenn

Most reactions

Back