Selling: High End Canon equipment, like new!

s_garoupa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm selling all my Canon gear. I have:

Canon 40D body
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L (non-IS)
Roots camera case
Manfrotto 055XB tripod

Willing to sell the whole kit for $2700, or individually for slightly more. All of it is as new, I have all the original boxes for the gear. This is a great deal, because just for the two big lenses you'd be looking at more then $2700. I will be posting this on eBay soon, or you can contact me at [email protected] . Serious enquiries only please.

EDIT: This is in Canadian funds, I live in BC.

I had posted something similar before, but decided to wait a while to see if I truly wanted to sell my gear. I am now decided, but am still fairly leery of selling equipment online. This is not any type of scam, and I can provide any evidence (?) any possible buyers might want. Hah... I haven't sold anything over the net before, so this is all new to me.

Thanks for the tip!

Here are some pictures. If anyone would like more, just ask and I can take better ones.

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

And as for reasons. I don't use it nearly enough (which is why everything is in such excellent condition), and my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Africa before I go back to school full time, and the funds I would get from the camera are essential to my being able to afford the trip.

what are your prices for the 17-55 and the 70-200?

what are you wanting for the Canon 50mm f/1.8?

how much for the tripod????

The tripod and the 50mm are the two items I do not want to sell seperately. If I can't sell everything I don't want to be stuck with a body and no lenses, or everything but the tripod. Sorry guys, that's really my fault I should have noted that earlier. But I didn't even think of it until now.

Why did I disappear? Well, lets say outside influences persuaded me not to sell it. Basically my friends told me that I took good photos and that I would regret selling my camera. Which I think would be true if I used it more. I plan on downgrading to an expensive point-and-shoot. I know that seems like quite the jump, but I have never really gotten over the awkward feeling that comes from shooting in public with a professional quality lens. The stares and questions I got were too much. So I end up only taking it out on rare occasions, and I hate to keep something like that in perpetual storage.

are you selling your camera bag pictured? also what is the brand/model? looking for a decent backpack bag. also what is the price on the tripod and brand/model. please PM!!

are you selling your camera bag pictured? also what is the brand/model? looking for a decent backpack bag. also what is the price on the tripod and brand/model. please PM!!

If you look a few posts up he clearly says that he doesnt want to sell the tripod separately.

well if you read my post you can clearly read that i would buy both his bag and tripod..

Most reactions

Back